Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lilly Lover | Katie K.

We are honored to introduce you to our Richmond Lilly Lover, Katie K. Her love for bright colors attracted her to the brand when she was just a "Minnie", which led her Lilly collection and loyalty to the brand. Just entering the world of "Hadley", she has accumulated a passion for law. However, you will ALWAYS find this girl with a splash of Lilly under her blazer. Now, let us share our Lilly Lover with you!

1. When did Lilly Pulitzer first strike your attention and why?
I grew up wearing Lilly because of my family's love for the brand. While attending UVA in Charlottesville, my Lilly collection started to rapidly grow by shopping at Pink Palm every chance I could!

2. What was your first piece of Lilly?
My personal first pick was a halter top dress in Southern Belle that I adore so much to this day. #youneverforgetyourfirst

3. What is your favorite print of all time?
Alberta Gator would be my favorite print because I went to the University of Florida for Law School and love representing them! Go Gators!

4. What is your favorite season of Lilly and why?
Spring, the weather is warm and you know summer is right around the corner. I also think the Spring Collection has the most classic pieces, however, I love them all!

5. If you could sit down and drink bubbly with Lilly herself, what would you ask her?
How she managed to remain so down to earth while achieving such great success being the fashion icon she is.

6. What is your favorite Lilly Pulitzer quote?
Life's a Party, Dress Like It!



7. With Lilly being around since the 1950's her styles have changed with current times. Would you say you are more of a traditional Lilly Lover or the Lilly Lover that breaks the rules and can't wait for the next cheeky print?
It depends if you catch me on Monday morning or Friday night. I think you really can be both with incorporating pieces in your daily work attire and for your girls night out!

8. What is your favorite current item?
The Liz Shift, it's getting back to her roots and the vintage appeal that I am always on the hunt for!


9. If you could have a Lilly Pulitzer store one day what would be the name?
The Pink Elephant because my favorite animal is an Elephant.

10. What does being a Lilly Lover mean to you?
It means living a colorful life and displaying love and grace like Lilly herself. One of her many quotes that really speaks to me, "If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble". It's very inspiring that she loved to give back so much while having so much success in her life.

4 comments :