Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lilly Lover | Susan Kasimer

Ask any employee at the Pink Palm McLean and they will tell you, Susan Kasimer is the ultimate Lilly Lover! Susan is a long time loyal customer to the Pink Palm and it’s always a treat when she comes in to visit. From her gregarious nature to her bright pink purse collection, Susan truly lives every day like it is a party. (She also makes the BEST holiday fudge!)

1. How old were you when you started wearing Lilly? Do you remember your first piece of Lilly clothing?
I was 24 years old in 2006 when my mother and [now] stepfather were planning their wedding - and what their four children would wear. They assigned me yellow, as it was my favorite color at the time, and I went shopping to a boat load of stores trying to find the right yellow dress. However, I was having a great deal of difficulty finding a dress that was not only the right color but something that was fun and appropriate for the occasion. One of our family friends suggested that I look at Lilly Pulitzer. I may have heard of the brand in passing but, in the past, it had always been way out of my clothing budget… until this point. I drove out to the Pink Palm Reston for a shopping trip that would change my closet’s life forever. I fell in love with a store full of clothing that was fun and colorful—and I wanted one of everything in my new favorite place to shop. Cathy (store manager at the time) was instrumental in my first shopping session with her endless ideas, selections, and kindness. Though the Sienna dress I ended up with cost more than what I had spent on dresses in the past, I was thrilled with my purchase and could not wait to have another occasion to come back and buy more. Almost eight years later, the Pink Palm is still my favorite store! Not to mention that I am in a permanent state of anticipating my next trip there.

2. What is your idea of living in Lilly?
Living in Lilly is about looking and feeling great in what you wear, no matter if it’s going to work, out on a date, or even your pajamas!

3. Do you have a favorite Lilly print? If so, which one?
If Lilly could stop coming out with such great prints over and over, I might be able to pick a permanent favorite. The one I enjoy talking about the most when I am wearing it is a pink skirt featuring various sea creatures going on a trip: a crab with a passport, an octopus with a martini, and a seahorse carrying a suitcase on its tail.

4. If you could sit down and have a glass of champagne with Lilly Pulitzer, what would you say?
I probably even make it to the chair and would probably spill the champagne in the process—I would run up to her, throw my arms around her, kiss her on the cheek, and tell her that she is my hero.

5. What are some fashion words of wisdom that you live by?
I would have to say that my favorite fashion phrase comes from the kate spade brand: Live Colorfully. I will only buy purses now for myself from Lilly or kate spade because I love both brands!

6. What is your favorite piece in our most recent season? Why?
I am absolutely loving my Marielle “S” sweater. It is the closest thing I can get to buying my name on a Lilly sweater.

7. What is one item you would like to see Lilly make? 
I am in desperate need of a checkbook cover! I would love to see a comeback of two-piece pajama sets. Also, as a retailer of competition swimwear and accessories myself, I am begging Speedo to team up with Lilly to make some great racing-style suits so I can extend Lilly-ness to the pool!

8. What does being a Lilly Lover mean to you?
I am a big believer that clothing enhances personality and vice versa. It is easy to come off as and feel interesting when your clothing is! Wearing something bright and fun attracts positive attention and is often a conversation starter. But mostly, as “it all started with a juice stand”, never underestimate the power of a task intertwined with a creative, original idea—it can lead you to your own empire!




No comments :

Post a Comment